Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Woman on Top

PERVERTS!

I am talking about my career!  For any of you who have known me for any length of time, you know that I have ridden the proverbial rollercoaster with my current (and previous) position. 


Eat... My... Shorts.
 I have always been in sales, and with that comes a natural attitude and occasional problem with authority.  I have been fired a few times.  Layed off (not in a good way), and I have had "mutual" splits.  In my egotistical mind, "mutual" is me saying to hell with it when my employer hinted that I better get serious or get serious elsewhere.

This month has been a fabulous month for me professionally.  I have said thanks for my job at least 20 times this month, just because I wanted to burn the place down in the past and leave in a ball of fury.  Then of course, it would have been like a couple of other positions and I would never have admitted it- but held a grudge from afar just so I wouldn't have to take responsibility for my actions.  Instead, I talked myself into "sticking it out" and it has come to this....my life might be changing.  I have made multiple power moves in the last six months that have finally materialized into corporate relationships.  I landed the largest homecare company on a HUGE contract, for which a portion has already been paid.  Here is what I plan to do with my first commission check of substance:

  • Scooter Service
  • New Side Mirror/Blinker for my Scootie
  • Visit to the eye doctor and new glasses (mine are five years old and have been sat upon at least 5 times)
  • I'm am getting a bank account!  PLUS SAVINGS!!  I know...I'm impressive
  • Replacement cell phone (if I am going to keep paying for the iphone plan I want the phone)
  • I have two gifts that I need to get for my someone special but he is a regular reader...sorry beeb
  • Then...if there is anything left over- I might just get a Pillow Top (I even have a BB&B coupon!)
So...about the whole "woman on top" thing...I am used to losing (sales term for not making as much revenue) to the men that I work with.  This has been classic across the board.  I was a heavy hitter, contender when I was working in Insurance, but I worked for the love of my life and would do anything he asked.  I worked to make him proud...
Now, I am not only beating my fellow Representatives, but I am beating the director of national accounts, whose title I have chosen not to capitalize because I am a lousy stinking winner :)

I better revel in it now, because if he catches back up next month then who will have egg on her face?!

Please leave comments with all of your congratulations...HA!



No comments:

Post a Comment